Defective Product Liability Lawyers South Carolina
Dangerous and defective products cause countless injuries every year. The consequences to those injured can be significant.
If you were injured or if your loved one was injured by a defective product, please contact the Taylor Law Firm, LLC in West Columbia, South Carolina. Our experienced defective product liability lawyers are ready to explain your options.
Experienced, Respected Trial Lawyers
Call 803-926-2205 or E-mail Today • Free Consultations
Responsibility for a defective product includes everyone involved in making, distributing, marketing and selling the product. The responsibility for proving a product was defective and that the defect made the product dangerous is up to the injured person. Types of defects include:
- Design defects. Bad design can make a product dangerous. For example, a defective toy might contain lead paint or could be a doll with button eyes that a child could easily bite off and swallow.
- Manufacturing defects. These are mistakes that occur when the product is made.
- Marketing defects. These may include misleading labeling or inadequate instructions for using the product — a child's car seat, for example, or a seat belt.
If you have questions about a potential defective product liability claim, contact the Taylor Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Talk to a knowledgeable lawyer who can clearly explain your options.
Along with defective product liability claims, the personal injury practice at the Taylor Law Firm, LLC includes premises liability claims. These involve injuries caused to a person on property belonging to another, such as:
- Injuries due to slip/trip and fall accidents
- Injuries from dog bites and other animal attacks
- Accidents caused by code violations
- Injuries resulting from property in disrepair
- Injuries caused by dangerous or toxic substances
In recent years, the South Carolina Supreme Court has limited the type and scope of premises liability claims. Our attorneys are knowledgeable about and efficient at evaluating cases for potential claims. They are also skilled in determining the best course of action for our clients, whether through a settlement or a lawsuit.
Contact the Taylor Law Firm, LLC today for a free initial consultation.
With all personal injury cases at our firm, you pay no fee before we collect for you.